SKANS Junior School provides the opportunity for children to:
● Learn through a carefully planned environment supporting the achievement of early learning goals.
● Share and enjoy the company of other children.
● Be in a group which values everyone, where there is freedom of opportunity for personal growth and development regardless of gender, colour, ethnicity, religion or social background.
● Develop at his/her own pace with the support of trained staff. Individual care and attention is made possible by a high ratio of teachers to children.
● Grow in self confidence by learning to choose from a range of activities and materials; by trying new skills; by receiving praise for achievement.
● Take forward their learning and development by building upon what they know and what interests them.
● Gain independence by managing apart from parent/carers for a time.